Friday, September 9, 2011

Why a Second Blog?

Welcome to HobbyDr's Game Table, and I hope........Say, aren't you that fella who has the WorkBench blog?    Ah, yes, that's me. As I started to say, I hope.............. Now just hold your horses mister, we'd like to know "Why a Second Blog?Ah, well, it's because I have two different interests. My main focus for the last few years has been model railroading, which is the primary focus of HobbyDr's WorkBench. The other long standing interest is miniature wargaming. I don't do as much with it as I have in the past, but every once in a while the mood hits me, and I'm magnetizing the minis. If this madness only strikes you 'once in a while,' why don't you just sneak it in on the WorkBench?  A few reasons, I suppose. Model railroaders can be very serious about their hobby, and I want to be taken seriously by them. I worry that many of them may look at my wargaming articles as frivolous, and discontinue visiting HobbyDr's WorkBench. And the other reason is simply, You wargamers are ANIMALS, PARTY ANIMALS!  Which is why I like you so much. You guys are like buddies from school, and railroaders are like friends from work. If you all met at the same place, I'd have to spend all my time separating you and breaking up fights. It's a fair cop. No, it's better if I meet you both at different locations. Makes sense, we suppose. Besides, while the WorkBench has a light, slightly humorous tone to it, the Game Table will be much looser, maybe whimsical. I find wargamers have, oh I don't know, that 'je ne sais quoi' sensibility and humor. Except Napoleonic wargamers, those guys are all assholes. (Oh yeah, you may find the occasional curse word sneak in here or there.) Well pardon your French. As I've been trying to say, "Welcome, and I hope you enjoy yourself here."

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment